Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Inside

At long last I finally did something with the fabric I had printed. There's a reason it looks askew: I don't have an ironing board. I washed the fabric and hung it out to dry on the clothesline, where it got a wee bit stretched. I hung it out because it's cotton, and a beast to iron after leaving it in the dryer (and I always leave things in the dryer). So this is the best I could do without buying an ironing board. I don't know what my aversion to such a purchase is; every time I have to sew something I curse my not owning one. Maybe I'll just have to get one this weekend.

Anyway. I think this little space needs a colorful dot of a rug beneath the black door, and of course a swap-out of that gold doorknob on the stairwell to a silver one to match.

No comments: